Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Houston Baby, Children and Family Photographer | What To Wear Wednesday

Plaid romper; chambray headband; navy shoe; pink headband; pink sandal; yellow dot romper

One of the most common questions I get asked by my clients is, "What should we wear?" I thought it would be fun to have a new segment on the blog called What To Wear Wednesday. A couple of times a month I will highlight a few of my current favorites for babies, children and even whole families. You don't necessarily have to buy anything new or expensive in order for your photos to look great. I hope this series inspires you to come up with new outfits that you might already have in your (or your baby's) closet that are picture perfect!

This month I am focusing on baby girls - perhaps because I have a little girl of my own or maybe because baby girl clothes are possibly the cutest thing on earth - it just seemed natural to start there. I am currently obsessed with Baby Gap's spring collection. They have everything from neons to Americana and it is all super adorable. I've picked out two outfits that I think would be perfect for babies 6 months - 18 months. 

I love, love little rompers on babies. Something about the cute way it bubbles up around them, they get me every time. These two options are extra cute with their beautiful colors and patterns and the bow detail at the shoulder. These rompers are especially cute when babies can sit up and/or stand or walk on their own. Add in a cute bow headband and some shoes and you have a completely adorable outfit. The best thing about the accessories is that you can use them on either outfit! Try pairing the blue accessories with the yellow romper for a classic navy and yellow combo. Likewise, add the pink headband and sandals to the plaid romper to make it extra girlie.

This outfit would work perfectly for baby girls who are having their own portait session done. Since they would be photographed by themselves you can have a little more fun with what they are wearing. Both outfits are very colorful though so I would suggest to my clients to have the photos taken at a fairly neutral location, so not to have too many things competing for attention in the photos. The temperatures are already getting pretty high here in Houston, so I think this outfit would be perfect for spring or summer! This would also be a perfect outfit for a family session, with mom and dad dressed in coordinating colors (you can pull navy, pink, yellow or green from the plaid romper and have mom match babies accessories for the yellow romper, in either navy or pink).

You can find all of these items online or try your local store. Happy spring shopping!

No comments: