Friday, March 1, 2013

Houston Baby Photographer | Lifestyle Photography Session

Normally when I take nice photos of my daughter I dress her up in a cute outfit and give her some theme specific toys or props to play with (fall, Christmas, New Years, etc). Last month I decided not to do any posing, props, or special outfits at all; I wanted to do a lifestyle shoot. This time I just followed her around the house with my camera. I did it over several days (as it is hard to do when they start to explore and get into everything) and didn't interfere at all. And I have to say, I think these are some of my favorite photos of her yet.

The thing I like about lifestyle sessions is that they are literally pictures from "a day in the life..." They show you and/or your kids doing every day, normal things that you don't normally capture on film (er, disk). Stylized pictures are great - don't get me wrong - but if you want to document the nitty gritty; how life truly is, this is a fabulous way to do it.




1 comment:

lcepelak said...

LOVE THE NEW LOOK! YOU captured the essence of Kaitlin.